Dhanpari Eco Campsite
Dhanpari is a well-stocked forest ecotourism site situated inside the Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary, inside the Panchmahal District of Central Gujarat. The campsite is surrounded by this magnificient forest which is home to a variety of flora an fauna. The plant species inlude teak, bamboo & other plant species. He leopard is the top predator here and other animal species include the sloth bears, blue bulls, jackals, wild boars, four horned antelopes and a variety of reptiles.
The area has two water reservoirs, one at Kada and the other at Targol. The campsite is near the Kada Dam and its a beautiful site to visit with a picturesque location and it also has a forest rest house. Other sightseeing options are the Jund Hanuman Temple which is 10 kms away from the campsite and also the Targol reservoir.
- Orientation Centre
- 3 Deluxe Cottages & 10 Normal Cottages with attached bath & toilet facilities
- Tented Accomodations with separate bathing & toilet facilites
- Separate Kitchen & Dining places
- Veg and Non-Veg available with the help of ETC (Eco Tourism Committee)
- The campsite has a beautiful Walking Nature Trail
- Separate area for Campfire
- Machaans for landscape & wildlife viewing
- Fully developed campsite managed by ETC
Being a responsible nature lover is our way of showing reverence to Mother Earth, a few tips for you to remember -
- Make sure to visit the orientation centre first before you start exploring the campsite as that would give a good picture of what you are about to experience during your stay.
- Most of these Eco Campsites use electricity which is generated by using solar energy, hence please use it responsibly.
- No smoking whatsoever (cigarette butts cause many forest fires.)
- No flash or intrusive photography (for example, don’t pluck leaves to clear a better view; reposition the camera instead.)
- Do not carry any music system or sound making device along with you and remember to keep them switched off if you are driving around.
- Picking plants or insects is prohibited in any area; do not remove anything from the parks or sanctuaries.
- Do Not indulge in any quick or sudden movements to scare off wildlife.
- Do not try going too close to the animals.
- No pets should accompany you.
- No littering. Trash is only to be disposed of in proper receptacles.
- No hunting devices or other weapons should be carried, as well as used.
How to get there
By road: Champaner is 45 km from Vadodara, accessible by bus or private vehicles. Cars can be hired in Vadodara to drive to Champaner-Pavagadh, which is the best option if you want to combine the journey with other sites like Jambughoda.
No virtual tour available.