Formed in 1978, the Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd (TCGL) provides comprehensive travel assistance and services to the tourists coming to visit Gujarat. Some of the services of TCGL include accommodation, conducted tours and ground transport with a wide range of choice to meet diverse needs. The Corporation has a network of 18 accommodation units and 5 Cafeterias under the brand name Toran.
Gujarat today offers a wide range of the most spectacular attractions - which includes breathtaking locations and scenic landscapes. Gujarat is also a melting pot of several civilizations resulting in a vibrant culture and a rich heritage. Gujarat is home to the unique with its exceptional archeological sites, several architectural marvels and witnesses of its glorious history and pilgrim centers for many faiths. Finally, it is also the land of several mythological and historical figures like the legendary Krishna and Mahatma Gandhi the apostle of non-violence.
The effective development in infrastructure undertaken by the Corporation has helped the State to increase the number of tourists to Gujarat. The efforts in promoting infrastructure in keeping with the spirit of the state, its people and its natural environment have won the Corporation such prestigious awards as the National Tourism Awards-2005-06 for Best Kept Tourism Monument-Champaner and Excellence in Publication (Collateral).
Achievements and Awards
Gujarat Tourism has won National Tourism Awards 2014-15 in three categories-.
- National Tourism Awards 2014-15 Most Innovative Use of Information Technology-Social Media/Mobile app -Joint winner
- National Tourism Awards 2014-15 Best State comprehensive development of information. - 2nd prize
- National Tourism Awards 2014-15 Best Film Promotion Friendly state. - 1st prize
- Gujarat Receives National Film Award for Being the 'Most Film Friendly State' for Year 2015.
- National Tourism Award for Best Tourism Promotion Publicity Material for States/Union Territories
50 Golden Destinations of Gujarat Year 2013-14
- National Tourism Award for Best State / UT: Comprehensive Development of Tourism Year 2013-14
- National Tourism Award for Rural Tourism Project- RannUtsav (Rann of Kutch) Year 2013-14
- National Tourism Award for Best Film Promotion Friendly StateYear 2013-14
- National Tourism Award for the category: Most Innovative Use of Information Technology during the Tourism Year 2012
- Best Tourism Film Award of Govt. of India during the Tourism Year 2006 for the tourism field “Glimpses of Glory”.
- National Tourism Award of Best Tourism Friendly Monument for the year 2007 for the Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park.
- Special National Tourism Award of Excellence in Publication (collateral) for the year 2007.
- Award for Best Ethnic Tourism Pavilion in SATTE for the year 2007
- Award for promotion of fairs and Festivals in August 2007 and awards at various tourism fairs and exhibitions for Excellence and for tourism promotion.
- Award for Best Tourism Film for “DHOLAVIRA – A FUTURIC METROPOLIS OF THE PAST” by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- “Best Tourism Pavilion” award for the year 2008 at Asia’s biggest Tourism and Travel exhibition - SATTE
Click here for Tourism Offices
Gujarat Tourism Opportunity Limited (GUJTOP) is a Special Purpose Joint Venture Company of (i) Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL)(a Government of Gujarat undertaking) and (ii) Infrastructure Leasing & Finance Services Limited (IL&FS), created towards facilitation of innovative tourism infrastructure projects across Gujarat on Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis. More.......