Darbar Hall Museum - Junagadh
The Nawab of earstwhile Junagadh State used to hold Darbars in the Hall known as Kacheri. When the last Nawab Mahabatkhan fled the possession of Junagadh was taken by the Regional Commissioner at Rajkot on behalf of the Government of India on 9th November 1947. The Kacheri Hall along with other buildings used by the Nawab was taken under protection and when the Junagadh state merged in Union of Saurastra in 1949 it was opened for the public to visit but it was not a part of the Museum Today.
The Hall was transferred to the Director of Museums subsequently upon creation of the Department of Museums in 1964. The Museum Department undertook the reorganization work for a fullfledged Museums. The old and worn out building was repaired; and around the main Hall several sections such as Picture Gallery, Palanquin room, Textile and Costumes gallery, Arms gallery etc.were added open for public on 26th June 1977.Owing to its rare collections and attractive arrangement Darbar Hall has become immensely popular and its visit has become essential for all the tourists, travelers, students, scholars and even common men, visiting Junagadh.
Taj Manzil Building,
Junagadh - 362001
Phone : 263331
Visiting Hours: 10.00 am to 1.15 pm
2.45 pm to 6.00 pm
Closing Days: Wednesday, 2nd and 4th Saturday and all public holidays.
Entry Fee :
Fee Only Rs. 5.00
Foreign visitors Rs. 50.00
School/Colleges organised Tour on production certificate Rs. 2/-
This museum displays weapons, armour, palanquins, chandeliers, and howdahs from the days of the nawabs, as well as a huge carpet woven in Junagadh’s jail. There’s a royal portrait gallery, including photos of the last nawab with his numerous beloved dogs.